Well kinda stuck on the clinton,the coil is shot.I've been checking around and this i'm afraid is
going to be a hunt and a half.The info i've been gathering it's looking to be a 1948 clinton and i'm sure there is not coils
floating around just anywhere.So I guess the searching begins.
Update October 3rd, 08 Got the engine completely done.I still need a gas cap.It's an odd size bigger
than your standard push mower or even a lot of garden tractors.Scroll down to the bottom to see the finished engine.
This is a really cool little antique power mower I picked up for $20.It's called a
johnston,can't find much info on the mower but the engine is a little clinton 1.6 hp model 350.I found a complete gasket set
and a decal on ebay really cheap.I'm hoping to fire the engine up soon but got to find a gas cap yet.It's a really odd size
so far no luck.
Some before shots before I took the engine off.
Showing the ID tag on the mower.
And the ID tag on the engine.
The Engine is just about finished.Still haven't got the carb or oil bath air cleaner on yet.
Here she is all finished can't wait to fire it up maybe try it tommorrow.
Well time to start on the mower part.I've sanded the rollers down thye best I could.They are
fairly weatherd not rotted but ruff.I'm trying to seal them with polyurethene,got 2 coats on now going to put a few more on
and see how they look.